Business Development Manager (REMOTE – Dallas)
Reporting directly to the VP of Sales & Strategic Alliances, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible to lead AveriSource’s efforts to research companies / contacts and develop new relationships within existing end clients and partners to create initial conversations for themselves and secondary conversations for the VP. Our software solution – iSAT – is the industry leader in the specialized area of Legacy Code Modernization, helping prospects and clients accelerate their Cloud journey.
Additionally, perform the same function to develop new relationships with direct end clients and strategic partners. The BDM will qualify and share viable options with VP who will move drive relationships and related deals to closure with the overall AveriSource team.
The BDM will work with leaders of both Sales and Marketing to create targeted programs to potential direct end clients and strategic partners. The BDM will be the primary associate of entering data into company’s CRM system including events, databases, viable new prospects / partners, and related to set up leads and accounts. Works with VP Sales to enter opportunities that arise immediately including full notes and supporting information. VP may delegate uploading of notes, documents, proposals and related when applicable (traveling or related).
BDM role will be heavily “call centric” but have a sales and marketing component to drive new relationships to AveriSource, not just 100% cold calling. Role includes working with Marketing leader to track success of each campaign, creating multiple, simultaneous campaigns and subsequent reach-outs. BDM will be included on some later stage sales calls to better learn the business and provide a career progression if / as desired. A small minority of calls may be international, so time management is essential.
Your primary focus will be expanding our base of clients and partners for our software solution – iSAT – and related services.
How You Will Contribute
- Represents AveriSource as a knowledgeable, polite associate; creates an environment where the prospect wants to stay engaged
- Forge relationships with new key direct end buyer prospects / partners
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in new business areas of existing Client base to expand wallet share
- Coordinate company-wide resources to meet prospect objectives and expectations if / as applicable
- Earns a reputation for using innovative messaging approaches in complex markets, ultimately executing for revenue and market share growth
- Ability to influence at all levels in an organization
- Helps drive new business development marketing campaigns
- Maintains accurate tracking of leads and opportunities using AveriSource’sCRM; Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Completes any required training and development objectives within the assigned timeframe
- Meet assigned targets for daily / weekly connects, warm connects, initial calls, and those connects that move to a VP-level conversation
- A mindset that balances both strategy and innovation with direct and successful execution is critical
- The potential to assume positions of greater impact and complexity over time is required
Qualified Applicants Will Have
- Proficient in English communication skills
- Four years University or College degree from an accredited institution or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of Enterprise Software Sales, digital modernization and / or development tools
- Sales experiencein a business-to-business environment with direct clients and strategic partners
- Exceptional written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle various priorities
- Personal computer proficiency and excels in MS Office Applications
- Personal proficiency with Salesforce.com
- Extensive experience and capability to speak “up and down” with prospective clients
- Experienced in a company that manufactures and markets technically complex solutions through a variety of distribution channels
- Job Requirements and Working Conditions
- This position may require minimal travel. The employee must hold a valid driver’s license
- The employee shall hold a valid passport
- This position will require the employee to maintain a home-based office
- Base salary, Sales Incentive Plan & Benefits
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Pay range unavailable